Monday 6 August 2012

Our Rough Diamond!

As some of you lovely followers would know we recently bought an investment property.  From the very first inspection I got excited as I could see how much potential this place has and it has always been a dream of mine to renovate a property (I know some of you who have already done this will tell me I am crazzzzzy!).  Anyway at this stage it is just some fairly minor cosmetic changes we need to make in order to get it ready for our tenants.  I thought I would share with you our beautiful mess as it is at the moment with doors off, walls stripped, curtains down and basically crap everywhere as we wait for our garage sale.
 The view!!!

 Work in progress bedroom 2- basically just requires a coat of paint and carpet cleaned
 Bathroom - plans are to remove the carpet, paint (obviously) and tiles around the vanity
 Hallway, again a repaint and carpet clean
Our biggest challenge - at this stage we are not going to put in a new kitchen so just doing a few tweeks, remove some shelving, changing the oven configuration, new flooring and of course a paint job!

 Dining/family room - this part of the house is in good condition, basically just needs a fresh coat of paint and the carpet cleaned
 This room is magic when the sun is shining -  hence why it has an automatic shutter-will get very hot in summer!
 Large living/lounge room - again just a fresh coat of paint and removing those hideous light fittings off the wall!
 Great backyard for kids (and future renovations - we can already visualise this space)
 View from the master bedroom-lovely waking up to that each day.

Hopefully the painting will start in the next week or so - the kitchen will be all white and the rest of the house will have white ceilings with Dulux Pebble Bay walls.

While we are on the home front my favourite online mag is out - you can view Adore Home Magazine here I love looking at magazines online but in my view they can never replace traditional magazines!

Have a lovely Tuesday
Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment-you have made my day! M xx